MacFormat is the UK’s biggest computer magazine aimed at Macintosh users. It published 13 issues per year. Future Publishing has published it since this rare launch issue, dated March/April 1993. The main content of this magazine includes news from major Apple events such as the WWDC or the Macworld Expo, features, detailed tutorials and reviews of the latest accessories and apps. Until 2012, the magazine included a free cover disc filled with Mac software mentioned in the magazine. In previous years, MacFormat came with programs on a free 3½-inch (88.9 mm) Floppy disk, CD or CD/DVD option, as reflected the state of cheap removable media in that era.
- Extremely rare first edition issue #1 with a March/April 1993 cover date.
- All pages are intact with tight binding and no rips, tears, creases, or folds.
- Graded an 8.0 in very good condition.
- Missing the original 3½-inch Floppy Disk
- Overall this is an excellent first-issue example.
Download Floppy Disk:
- Link: macintoshrepository.org/8913-macformat-1-35-floppy-disks
- Note: MacFormat magazines came with cover floppy disks from June 1993 to January 1996 before they came with CD-ROMs. This archive contains all cover floppy disks from #1 to #35, which in turn, contain demos and shareware for 68K Macs, primarily for System 7.