The Tron twenty-four (24) page read-along book with 7″ record (33.3RPM) features the story, music and photos from the original motion picture. Produced by Buena Vista Records in 1982, the record features word-for-word story narration, dramatic character dialogue, authentic sound effects, and musical backgrounds.
- Publisher: Buena Vista Records
- Released: January 1, 1982
- Edition: Original Pressing
- Language: English
- Record: 2 sided 7 inch (single) 33.3RPM
- Paperback: 24 pages
- Franchise: Tron (Disney)
- Narrator: Chuck Riley (uncredited)
- Record: No significant scratches. Minor scuffing on each side, but nothing that should affect playback.
- Book: The cover and pages are all intact and tightly bound. It shows signs of wear but is in very good condition.
Tron is a 1982 American science fiction film written and directed by Steven Lisberger, based on a story by Lisberger and Bonnie MacBird, and produced by Walt Disney Productions. The film stars Jeff Bridges as a computer programmer transported inside the software world of a mainframe computer, where he interacts with various programs to get back out. Bruce Boxleitner, David Warner, Cindy Morgan, and Barnard Hughes star in supporting roles. Tron was released on July 9, 1982, in 1,091 theatres in the United States. The film was not a box office success but received positive reviews from critics who praised the visuals and acting but criticized the storyline. Tron received nominations for Best Costume Design and Best Sound at the 55th Academy Awards and received the Academy Award for Technical Achievement fourteen years later. Over time, Tron developed into a cult film and eventually spawned a franchise consisting of multiple video games, comic books and an animated television series.